[Ansible-service-broker] Broker Bind Credentials Change

David Zager dzager at redhat.com
Thu Nov 16 14:39:43 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I have, just yesterday, submitted a PR
<https://github.com/openshift/ansible-service-broker/pull/555> to allow our
Ansible Broker to work with bind credentials via secrets. This change is a
meaningful one if for no other reason than APBs whose version is not "2.0"
will fail validation (if/when you run into this it will look like "Spec [
etherpad-apb ] failed validation for the following reason: [ Specs must be
at least version 2.0 ]. It will not be made available.").

There are a handful of dependencies:

   - Update the ansible-asb-module to create a secret in our APB sandbox on
   `asb-encode-binding`
   <https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/ansible-asb-modules/pull/8>
   - Remove scripts no longer needed in our apb-base and don't try to keep
   the pod alive <https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/apb-base/pull/7>
   - Bump the version to "2.0" in the apb tool so newly built APBs will be
   accepted by the broker
   <https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/ansible-playbook-bundle/pull/163>
   - Update the broker to handle bind-credentials as a secret
   <https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/ansible-playbook-bundle/pull/163>

Once all of these changes are merged and the associated docker images are
built and tagged, APB developers (in order to work with latest broker) must:

   1. Get the latest apb-base
   2. Bump the version in the apb.yml to "2.0"
   3. Rebuild the APB using the latest apb-base

*I will send a follow-up email* when these changes have been made. This
change has an impact on broker users and APB developers tracking the latest
and greatest and wanted to take an opportunity to give advance warning.

Respectfully,
David Zager