[Ansible-service-broker] Deprovision default behaviour

Erik Nelson ernelson at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 15:32:21 UTC 2018

> I don’t know if I feel comfortable with adding this logic to the primary
> code path for deprovision. This is mostly me being conservative with adding
> configuration values that can allow things to get deleted from our storage.

The developer experience is not acceptable right now, but I have to
agree with Shawn.

> With that said, I don’t have a well thought out alternative. Off the cuff I
> would suggest that we add an API surface to delete this instance, that would
> only be available if you have a configuration value set something similar to
> dev_broker config.

Unless I missed it, let's backup and describe the high-level problem
in a proposal and
submit solutions there. That's been our approach thus far and I think
it applies here well.

> I would also like to mention that with the CRD changes that are on the
> roadmap, this is doable just by granting the correct permissions and knowing
> the correct resource to delete with the oc command. This is something that
> we may also want to keep in mind.

This should be called on on the proposal.