[Ansible-service-broker] OSB call summary 3/27

jesus m. rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 17:38:39 UTC 2018

The Open Service Broker API spec group meets every Tuesday @ 12:30pm ET. I
have been attending these meetings since Nov 2017. I thought it might be
good to share the meeting notes that may affect the Automation Broker
community.

Here is a summary from this weeks call.

* team attendees: Jesus, Erik, & Michael

* Acked a few PRs that were waiting for reviews

* A discussion about the clarify of the Originating Identity header:
https://github.com/openservicebrokerapi/servicebroker/issues/476
  * discussion was cut time boxed, more to occur later
  * the key issue is how k8s handles subsequent Spec updates

* declaration of service instance dependencies, proposal to be created
before F2F by Florian (SAP)
https://github.com/openservicebrokerapi/servicebroker/issues/427

* updatable credentials in bindings? (service-catalog)
https://github.com/kubernetes-incubator/service-catalog/issues/1831
  * Scott (Google) to revive the update bindings issue with regards to
credential rotation, can creds change in between GET requests, etc
  * We (automation broker) will investigate to see how this affects us

jesus
jesus m. rodriguez          | jesusr at redhat.com
principal software engineer | irc: zeus
red hat systems management  | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012      | 919.623.0080 (c)
|   "Those who cannot remember the past       |
|    are condemned to repeat it."             |
|                        -- George Santayana  |