[Ansible-service-broker] Can OAB be deployed on k8s ?

David Zager dzager at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 16:30:32 UTC 2018

It appears that the "latest" automation-broker-apb image is using a 3.10
broker image. That would cause the scenario you mention:

[2018-11-08T05:18:28.93Z] [DEBUG] - Creating k8s apiserver
[2018-11-08T05:18:28.932Z] [ERROR] - Unable to retrieve cluster roles rules
from cluster
 You must be using OpenShift 3.7 to use the User rules check.
clusterroles.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "admin" is forbidden: User
"system:serviceaccount:automation-broker:automation-broker" cannot get
clusterroles.rbac.authorization.k8s.io at the cluster scope

I will first verify that updating the images to the latest broker fixes the
issue, update the "latest" automation-broker-apb, and add a comment to the
blog post.

One caveat, it appears there are 251 bundles when the helm adapter is
enabled and looking at all of the stable helm charts. The startup sequence
for the broker will take some time and it may be better to:

   1. wait_for_broker: false
   2. broker_probe_initial_delay: 300

I'll be sure to add these notes in any comment/update I make to the blog
post.