[augeas-devel] gnulib update for AIX support

James Conner j.conner at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 10:11:55 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 18:21, David Lutterkort wrote:
>  From http://pastebin.com/6DwdmckP it seems like things blow up in
> argz_add which comes from gnulib; shouldn't be caused by what you did
> with lexer.c, but I'd rather try that again once you have built
> successfully.
>
> You should also start gdb via libtool, using
>          libtool --mode=execute gdb ./augtool
OK - Here is what we get from a fresh complete build with no errors
during compilation.

bash-3.2# libtool --mode=execute gdb src/augtool
GNU gdb 6.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/temp/augeas.git/augeas/src/.libs/lt-augtool

0xd346e260 in argz_add ()
    from /home/temp/augeas.git/augeas/src/.libs/libaugeas.a(libaugeas.so.0)
(gdb) bt
#0  0xd346e260 in argz_add () from
/home/temp/augeas.git/augeas/src/.libs/libaugeas.a(libaugeas.so.0)
#1  0xd3449740 in aug_init (root=0x200041a8 "/", loadpath=0x0, flags=0)
at augeas.c:381
#2  0x10002cec in main (argc=1, argv=0x2ff22c6c) at augtool.c:1336
(gdb) quit

> There's a little convenience script, src/try that sets up a test root in
> build/try and can be used to run augtool against that root. I just added
> an explanation on how to use it to HACKING.
A very minor tweak to the try script was needed for AIX as xargs doesn't
have the '-r' flag. Unsurprisingly the script doesn't get very far as
autool is segfaulting on startup.

bash-3.2# src/try
src/try: line 42: 8257546 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
./augtool --nostdinc "$@" < $AUGCMDS

Cheers,

Jim