[Avocado-devel] Avocado release 91.0: Thelma & Louise

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 11:48:39 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

This is yet another Avocado release announcement: 91.0 is now available!

Important Announcement
======================

Avocado has switched the default runner, from the implementation most
people currently use (internally simply called runner), to the newer
architecture and implementation called nrunner.

Users installing and relying on the latest Avocado release will be impacted
by this change and should act accordingly.

To keep using the current (soon to be legacy) runner, you must set the
--test-runner=runner command line option (or the equivalent test_runner
configuration option, under section [run]).

Known issues are being tracked on our GitHub project page, with the nrunner
tag, and new issue reports are appreciated.

Release Notes
=============

Since we host the release notes alongside our official documentation,
please refer to the following link for the complete information about
this release:

https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/91.0/releases/91_0.html

Installing Avocado
==================

Instructions are available in our documentation on how to install
either with packages or from source:

https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/91.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html

RPM packages for the current Fedoras (33 and 34) and EL 8 (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) are already available on those
distributions' "avocado" module, on the "latest" stream.  The
installation should be straightforward, and you can find instructions
here:

https://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/91.0/guides/user/chapters/installing.html#fedora

Also, updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework/

Avocado-VT

Updated Python source and binary packages are available on PyPI:

https://pypi.org/project/avocado-framework-plugin-vt/

RPM packages should soon be available for the current Fedoras (33 and
34) and EPEL 8 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, etc) in the
"avocado-vt" modular repository.

Happy hacking and testing!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]