[Avocado-devel] Avocado 103 LTS preparations

Jan Richter jarichte at redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 12:58:09 UTC 2023

Hi Avocado community,

a few weeks ago we released Avocado 102 and we started work on 103 LTS
(Long Term Stability). The release 103 will consist strictly of bug
fixes, usability, and documentation updates as a preparation for LTS.
Therefore, we would like to ask everyone here to try version 102 (If you
have done it yet) and let us know about any issues and concerns which
you might have. Such testing will be very helpful for us and it makes
upgrade to new LTS version easier for community.

Because of the preparations for LTS, we would like to ask maintainers to
avoid merging changes that do not fall into these categories:
 * Bug fixes
 * Usability Improvements
 * Documentation updates
As for the Avocado utility modules (“avocado.utils”) it is OK to
introduce new functionality, but changes to the existing APIs (including
interface and behavior) should be avoided.  This kind of changes should
wait until sprint #104.

Thank you everyone and Happy hacking and testing!

--
Jan Richter