Gentoo + Voyager

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Fri Apr 16 10:46:19 UTC 2004

Hi Dave,

I don't think that the BRLTTY version is the problem here. As I said, there
are no USB devices in the usb subdirectory of /dev. The question is: I
chose USB support during kernel compilation, but is there something that I
must add in the modules.conf file? When I insert my USB flash memory, the
kernel responds. So there seems to be at least some sort of USB support
activated.

Regards,
/David R.
At 23:45 2004-04-15 -0400, you wrote:
>[quoted lines by David Renström on 2004/04/16 at 01:28 +0200]
>
> >I've now been trying for several hours to get my Braille Voyager
> >to work
>
>Which release of BRLTTY are you using. I recommend you use 3.5pre3 as that
>should eliminate all usb device problems. Just make sure that usb is
>configured
>into your kernel and that the correct usb-controller alias is in your
>modules.conf file. Also, if you want things to work as standardly as possible
>then mount the usbfs file system under /proc/bus/usb. Note that, in 3.5pre3,
>you specify "usb:" (the trailing colon is important) rather than "brlvger" as
>the device.
>
>--
>Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
>Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | Word of God. Please contact me
>EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
>http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *