Just about to install linux...

John G. Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Mon Jul 25 16:48:56 UTC 2005

At 05:09 AM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
>I just tried that, and it wouldn't boot. I spoke to a friend, and he said
>I'd probably burned the CD wrong. How do I burn the CD using windows so
>it'll boot?

I posted this to the NFBCS list a few months ago:
------

I found a nice accessible utility for burning ISOs in Windows. I guess you
can copy files to a CD in Windows XP by merely dragging them to the drive.
But burning ISOs is a problem. However, I found a utility that does what
Windows probably should do: if you right click on a ISO file one of the
menu selections is to burn a CD. Very nice. And the dialog box that appears
when you click that option works with JFW.

Only problem... the utility is still in beta. Seems to work though.  oh,
and the web site is kind of disorganized. I'll provide a download page and
a documentation page...

Download: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Documentation:  http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/HowTo.htm

PS: I have absolutely no connection with the developer of this tool.