brltty and fbdev

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Mar 8 08:50:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

coscell at mail.batol.net, le Thu 08 Mar 2007 11:48:41 +0800, a écrit :
> > > If it work fine, the output will longer than original.
> > It is indeed.
>
> Let's check it:
> Original words: 高生旺
> Correctly contracted patterns: k%'iz'_"
> Is it true in yours?

Mmm, this is typically a case where being able to type "unicode raw
braille patterns" would be useful, because what I can read (as a sighted
user) is just letters and ponctuations, and what blind people can read
(in braille) is the "same", but with their _own_ braille representation
(remember that for instance '%' is not represented the same in different
languages).

So, which braille table are you using for typing this? Or alternatively,
could you rather express the braille dots like below:

>From reading brltty's big5.ctb, your word should be contracted into
(13)(146)(3) (24)(1356)(3) (456)(5). This looks like what you said with
the NABCC translation table.  I'll check this at runtime later.

Samuel