Looking for an accessible ide.

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Nov 26 11:11:42 UTC 2008

Fabrizio Marini wrote:
> I'm starting programming with linux and i would like to know if any of you
> has experiences with an accessible ide.
> My ideal ide should have a graphical interface and should provide many
> shortcuts. For example, under Windows i use Borland C++ Builder. I'm
> interested in ides for C and Java programmers.

Hi,

I'm not a programmer so I can't say that I have experience with this,
but I would suggest Emacs.  It has extensions for just about any
programming language.  There are both command line and X versions.  It's
a huge set of packages though.  I really can't suggest anything other
than that, but I think vim or a clone might have something similar.
Both are very popular and should be available on any major distro.  You
didn't say what distro you're running but I've not heard of any that
don't at least include one or the other.