linux music tools It is quite possible and was done all the time in the bad

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Jul 29 11:01:22 UTC 2015

If anyone cares, here are a couple sites of possible interest:

http://www.allinaccess.com/happ

There are some old DOS screen readers available, including Vocal-Eyes and
TinyTalk.  I couldn't get TT to work here under DOSBox, but I didn't try
very hard.  I understand from a source who shall remain nameless that ASAP
is basically unsupported abandonware since the company is out of business
and it's no longer sold.

http://batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/

I host several DOS games and talking DOSBox packages containing various
screen readers, including JAWS for DOS which does apparently work with a
sound card.  I did not assemble these packages and I do not provide support
for them.  You can throw away the DOSBox files and play the games fine under
dosemu or real DOS.  DOSBox runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.  The packages
include the Windows executables.