Dell Mother Boards

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 29 06:51:06 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:59:31PM CEST, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	The problem is that as of wheezy, the CS4236 is no longer
> supported and does not show up with aplay -l. A different sound
> card such as some of the SoundBlasters or other non CS4236 cards
> or even a USB sound card works and can be card 0 but you lose the
> P.C. speaker beep in your audio output.

Glancing quickly at a recent kernel tree, I still see a driver for this
piece of hardware. I wonder whether the card is not being found because
its in PnP mode and therefore the kernel doesn't see it for whatever reason.

Attached is a file we cary in Ubuntu that can help get this card working
again in PnP mode. No idea if it will help you, but it may be worth a try.

Luke