frustrate shouldservers

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Sun Feb 5 03:27:21 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-04 20:19, Eric Oyen wrote:
> the third part is the date I joined (in MM/DD/YYYY:HH:MM:SS
> format).
[snip]
> so, thoughts?

If you can remember when you joined down to the HH:MM:SS, that's
mindblowing. I'd be hard-pressed to be recall the *year* I signed up
for any such sites without writing it down.  If you are writing it
down unencrypted, you have potential security issues there.  But
otherwise, the strength seems sound (although, a dedicated attacker
now knows how to winnow the entire pool of passwords down to a much
more formulaic derivation.

-tim