living in the console.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jun 3 19:22:13 UTC 2017

Tim here.  I just installed FreeDOS on a junker machine and
went to install the DOS version of JAWS.  It didn't complain, but I
didn't find any option for software speech, only hardware output.  If
someone is better versed in how to get JAWS-for-DOS to use a soft
synth, I'd be glad to experiment further and document the entire
install process.

That said, there's nothing I ever performed back when I was a "power
DOS user" that I've not been able to do far more easily in a real
shell.

-tim