Slint on the bare metal!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Aug 7 11:53:12 UTC 2021

Hi Brandt,

1. If running speakup (not-speechd-up), run
list-espeak-ng-voices
and then set the chosen voice as root in:
/etc/espeakup.conf

2. If running speechd-up
set the language as root in:
/etc/speechd-up.conf
and the chosen synthesizer in:
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd-up.conf

spd-list tells what's available as synthesizers and voices.

Unfortunately it's not yet possible to set the voice for speechd-up
directly,
unless you use the voxin synthesizer and a voice distributed by oralux. Then
the setting is done in:
/opt/oralux/voxin/share/conf/voxin.ini

Cheers,
Didier

PS I have made available some scripts that I have written for Slint in:
https://github.com/DidierSpaier/slint-scripts

They can be used in other distributions, in some cases after adaptation.
I will add their descriptions in the README.