Trying to Recover Deleted Files?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 01:15:07 UTC 2022

We interrupt this discussion to bring you a new topic.
Hi All: Back on August 01, I ripped several streams of President Biden's speech
on Afghanistan. I have a script to convert from mp3 to an aac. However, in my
haste, instead of just deleting the mp3s in that directory, I nuked all audio
files I recorded that day. I know, I need a backup strategy, something where
any file which I nuke would endup in a temporary trash for like 6 hours.
Usually when I make similar errors, I know rather fast.
So, many years ago, when I was in DOS, I could type "undelete" and it would
provide a list of files, which you fill in the first letter. I gather
recovering files in a Debian SID system is complicated? 1 of my Linux experts
suggested I install testdisk. Trouble is it really doesn't read well in
speakup. Another of my experts ran it here, says I have an LVM. Seemingly
running a df -h shows home as /dev/sda3. At this point I only need files I
nuked from August 01. Can some1 please inform of either packages or sequences I
can run to try-and-restore these? I suppose if I can use a wild-card in that
directory or provide it on a commandline?
Thanks so much in advance
Chime