opensuse tumbleweed

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Oct 8 12:09:40 UTC 2023

> Aptitude includes fields for compressed(persumably the size of the
> .deb) and uncompressed(presumably how much space the installed package
> will take up) sizes for each package, but that's just for that package

I can see the total installed size of a package on my rpm-based Fedora
system, but I don't see the compressed size, nor do I see either size
for the package along with its dependencies. That said, I just used dnf
info to look up the package information; I didn't refine the query in
any way. there are lots of things I can find out about rpm packages, I'm
just not sure the total compressed or installed size of all dependencies
is one of those things I can look up.

~Kyle