[Cluster-devel] Re: + fs-dlm-astc-fix-warning.patch added to -mm tree

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 17:06:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 09:22:56AM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> > Cleans code up.
> >
> > Might be wrong.
> >
> > This is an O(n*n) search :(
> >
> Thats true, but for fairly low values of n in general. Also the dlm
> locking will only be stopped for a lockspace in the case that we are in
> recovery, so that dlm_lock_stopped() is normally false so that this is
> basically iterating down the list, removing each item in turn.

Right, it just takes the first lock off the list, unless the lockspace is
being recovered which is seldom the case.  In the recovery case, it just
skips past the locks in the lockspace being recovered.  So, I would not
call this O(n*n).

I do like the patch, I hope to get it into the next queue by tomorrow.
Thanks,
Dave