[Cluster-devel] Cluster Project branch, master, updated. cluster-2.99.05-66-g0dcc5e5

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 17:45:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, David Teigland wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 09:57:37AM +0200, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>>> +#define DEFAULT_MODE		LOG_MODE_OUTPUT_SYSLOG_THREADED | \
>>> +				LOG_MODE_NOSUBSYS | \
>>
>> isn't LOG_MODE_NOSUBSYS going to remove [FENCED] from the output?
>>
>> How are we going to recognize our messages in syslog?
>>
>> My understading was that NOSUBSYS should be used to print to stderr only
>
> I added the flag after noticing that syslog already prefixes it, e.g.
>
> Jul 11 13:30:56 bull-01 fenced[4214]: [fenced] cluster is down, exiting
>
> But the real reason we'd want it, I suspect, is if someone sends all
> cluster errors to a common /var/log/cluster/cluster.log, in which case I
> think we'd want logsys to add a prefix...

Maybe the NOSUBSYS implementation in logsys needs a change.

I think we always want SUBSYS when writing to file but we can skip it when
writing to syslog and stderr. Tho I am not sure it's actually doable
because the string format is indipendent from the target log.

Lon should know this bit better than me since he implemented it :)

Fabio