[Cluster-devel] Re: gfs2-utils: master - gfs_controld: Remove three unused functions

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 14:56:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 12:53 -0500, David Teigland wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 02:55:04PM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> > gfs_controld: Remove three unused functions
> >
> > These functions are not called from anywhere and appear
> > to be left over from earlier times.
>
> They were just added, but in translating the dlm_controld patch to
> gfs_controld I missed the bits that called them (both in
> cluster.git/STABLE3 and gfs2-utils.git)  I'll reapply this bit with the
> bits that are missing.
>
> Dave

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this code. Is there more to
come yet?

The function find_mg_id() still seems to be unused. So far as I can
figure out the purpose of the new code seems to be to maintain two
timestamps: cluster_add_time whose sole purpose seems to be to check
against cg->create_time but I'm not quite sure why, and
cluster_remove_time which seems to not do anything at all at the moment.

I can't get any clues from dlm_controld because cluster_remove_time
seems to be unused there as well,

Steve.