[Cluster-devel] Eaton fence agent and more power devices support

Marek 'marx' Grác mgrac at redhat.com
Thu Jan 20 12:35:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Hi Marek and the list,
>
> First of all, happy new year to you all: health, happiness and ...
> high availability ;-)
>
> I've just derived a fence_eaton_snmp script, based on fence_apc_snmp.
> You'll find attached the diff against the latest fence-agents repository.
>
> This has been tested with the suitable hardware (Eaton Managed ePDU):
> http://www.epdu.com
> Can you please merge this for the next cman releases.

Finally, I was able to review your code. I have few minor suggestions
how to make code be better but we can solve that later. But I can do
that later when we will have an access to this device. Fence agent will
be part of the next fence-agents package.

> As a side note, I'm thinking about:
> - making one fence_pdu_snmp to group all this code (sysOID brings the
> smartness of knowing which data should be used), or at least create
> some common grounds to factorize code,

> - making a fence_nut_devices (or fence_power_devices) to use NUT [1]
> to do the same for all supported serial / USB / SNMP / HTTP devices
> (ie UPS, PDU and SCD).

I'm not against unfication but at least for power fencing - most of the
shared code is already in fencing library and some agents differs a lot.
Benefit of this simple agents is that we can't break anything else :)
and code is already simple/small enough. In the case of SNMP based fence
agents, it is possible that now as we have several such agents we can
try to implement general solution.

m,