[Cluster-devel] [Linux-ha-dev] new resource agents repository commit policy

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Mar 14 18:49:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan at suse.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> It's time to figure out how to maintain the new Resource Agents
> repository. Fabio and I already discussed this a bit in IRC.
> There are two options:
>
> a) everybody gets an account at github.com and commit rights,
>   where everybody is all people who had commit rights to
>   linux-ha.org and rgmanager agents repositories.
>
> b) several maintainers have commit rights and everybody else
>   sends patches to a ML; then one of the maintainers does a
>   review and commits the patch (or pulls it from the author's
>   repository).

I suspect you want b) with maybe 6 people for redundancy.
The pull request workflow should be well suited to a project like this
and impose minimal overhead.

The ability to comment on patches in-line before merging them should
be pretty handy.

You're also welcome to put a copy at http://www.clusterlabs.org/git/
Its pretty easy to keep the two repos in sync, for example I have this
in .git/config for matahari:

[remote "origin"]
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
	url = git at github.com:matahari/matahari.git
	pushurl = git at github.com:matahari/matahari.git
	pushurl = ssh://beekhof@git.fedorahosted.org/git/matahari.git

"git push" then sends to both locations