[Cluster-devel] Fw: some fence_virsh, fene_apc patches for RHEL6 backports

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 13:13:14 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 02:42 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:

>> Based on your patch, I have sent a new patch to cluster-devel@ ; the
>> main difference is that patch is based on current version (as there
>> were several changes vs RHEL6). The other difference is that I have
>> removed obtaining status of plug from list function because it can
>> not work easily with UUID. Instead we call directly 'virsh domstate'
>> ; on older systems there can be a problem with 'virsh --uuid --all'
>> because '--uuid' is relatively new (yes, supported in RHEL6+) so I
>> did not use this feature.
> Hello. I believe, the device opt for "uuid" should be added as well
> (see patch in attachment). Correct me, If I'm wrong...

Hi,

The 'uuid' is detected automatically (via standard python uuid library)
so for user it enough to just enter it as --plug/-n. The
options["--uuid"] is filled automatically in fencing library if uuid is
detected. The same approach is used also in fence_vmware_soap.

I know that documentation is the weak point and if everything will go as
planned, I should spend most of the January by writing first drafts.

m,