[Cluster-devel] Question on LVB when the node that held EX lock crash

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Wed Nov 16 08:29:31 UTC 2016

Hi David and all,

I am debugging an issue of ocfs2 that relates to LVB value. I will try to make it a pure DLM
question:

Two nodes (N1, N2) try to truncate the same file(R1) concurrently.

N1                                         N2
lock(R1, EX)
changing LVB: x
                                               lock(R1, EX)
convert(R1, NULL)
flush LVB
                                               changing LVB: x -> y
                                               crash
convert(R1, EX)
get LVB
Qustion: what is the LVB then? x or y?
======

Is this a valid question? or am I missing something?

Looking forward your help;-)

Thanks,
Eric