[Cluster-devel] Moving projects away from fedorahosted.org

Andrew Price anprice at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 16:48:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Re: https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedorahosted-sunset-2017-02-28/

We'll need to find a new host for the cluster projects that haven't
migrated away from fedorahosted.org yet.

The recommended successor to fedorahosted.org is pagure.io which is a
Fedora project, open source, uses the same user account system, allows
git hooks to be set up, and has the added advantage that we have a
direct line to the admins and developers.

I've investigated whether pagure.io has the features required to support
our workflows (group push access) and I've had confirmation that it does
from #fedora-admin. I've also tried out the test instance of Pagure
<https://stg.pagure.io/> and it looks like it has everything we need.

We have until Feb 28 to do this so there is time to discuss the
migration if discussion is needed. Unless we find some good reasons to
go elsewhere I'll aim to migrate the gfs2-related git repositories to
Pagure by the end of January.

I gather that the non-gfs2-related projects have mostly been moved to
github already, under the clusterlabs umbrella, but if there are any
remaining on fedorahosted I will leave their fates to their respective
owners, although I'd be happy to help get things migrated if needed.

Cheers,
Andy