[Cluster-devel] GFS2 backports

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 14:56:27 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----
| Hi,
|
| It was nice meeting you at the Cluster Summit, good to see such an
| active community around corosync and GFS2.
|
| I have just seen your GFS2 pull request for 4.14, which contains fixes
| for some data/memory corruption bugs.
| It would appear that the corruption bugfixes are small enough to meet
| the -stable criteria [1], do you intend to send them to
| stable at vger.kernel.org for the benefit of LTS kernel users (e.g. 4.4.x)?
|
| [1]
| https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.14/process/stable-kernel-rules.html#stable-kernel-rules
|
| Thanks,
| --Edwin

Hi Edwin,

It was nice to meet you at Cluster Summit 2017 in Nuremberg and see the
level of interest in GFS2 in the real world.

The 4.14 fixes you wrote about were for the last merge window, back in
September, and it was a large one with more GFS2 patches than usual.
Some of them were actually put into stable branches, if I remember correctly.

The current merge window for 4.15 is already open, and I've already posted
our list of proposed patches we have for it, so this is a rapidly
moving environment. :)

I'm redirecting your email to the public cluster-devel mailing list
so that other developers can see your email and make comments. If you're
not already subscribed, perhaps you might want to subscribe to that mailing
list for the latest GFS2 discussions and patches. You can subscribe here: