[Cluster-devel] Assertion failure: sdp->sd_log_blks_free <= sdp->sd_jdesc->jd_blocks

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 17:04:29 UTC 2019

Hi Ross,

----- Original Message -----
> > I think the problem may actually be a regression with patch 588bff95c94ef.
>
> I still hit the assertion with this patch. gfs2_log_write_header() is
> unconditionally called and it calls gfs2_log_bmap() which changes
> sd_log_flush_head in the success path.

Hi Ross,

Okay, it looks like I really screwed up patch 588bff95c94ef. The patch
I posted yesterday is grossly inadequate and that code path needs some major
fixing. I'm in the process of getting it fixed properly. Sorry I didn't
cc you on that last patch. I'll cc you on the new one when it's ready, but
it may take a couple hours to get it ready.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems