[Crash-utility] shared pending signal queue added to sig command

Olivier Daudel olivier.daudel at u-paris10.fr
Thu Sep 14 20:56:23 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Anderson
To: Discussion list for crash utility usage, maintenance and development
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Crash-utility] shared pending signal queue added to sig
command

Sorry -- I can't use it as us because it doesn't work with 2.4 kernels,
or at least with RHEL3 kernels.  Here's a RHEL3 (2.4.21-37.ELsmp)

I don't actualy have this Linux version, but in looking in the task.c code,
i suppose
OFFSET_OPTION(sigpending_head, sigpending_list)) should do the job ?

Three other things:

(1) Shouldn't your "SHARED_PENDING" line have a following
    "yes" or "no" indication, as is the case with the
    "SIGPENDING:" output?

For me the test on TIF_SIGPENDING is where the decision is made.

(2) Thanks for remembering to add "signal_struct_shared_pending"
    do dump_offset_table() -- but also don't forget to add
    the new "sigpending_signal" addition you made to the
    size_table structure, which is also dumped inside the
    dump_offset_table() function.

OK.

(3) The SIQUEUE output is now associated with either SIGPENDING
    or SHARED_PENDING, so the two SIGQUEUE outputs should be
    indented so it's more obvious.

OK for that.
Also, if we have both queues, i use PRIVATE_PENDING and SHARED_PENDING.

SIGPENDING: no
PRIVATE_PENDING
       SIGNAL: 0000000200000800
   BLOCKED: 8000000200000800