[Crash-utility] CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE_DEVICE_DUMP

Dreyfus, Thirtsa (Mobileye) thirtsa.dreyfus at intel.com
Tue Mar 26 14:11:04 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm enabling core dump flow on my Linux, using Linux kexec mechanism. This flow ends with vmcore elf image reflecting the full memory situation at the crash moment. The vmcore driver in kernel that outputs the vmcore elf image has vmcore_add_device_dump API that's used for pushing some extra hardware memory sections into the ELF.
However, After vmcore file is generated, I want to see this data, but don't know how to do that. I'm using crash-utility for the core analysis, so I wonder - maybe there is an option to see also this extra data using crash-utility?

It's very important to me,
Thanks,
Tirtsah.
Intel Israel (74) Limited