[Devtools] [devtools] Testing vagrant service-manager plugin for Windows using Windows VM

Budh Gurung bgurung at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 04:41:26 UTC 2016

Hello Folks,

I installed vagrant "service-manager" plugin [1] in Windows 7 VM inside my Fedora 23 host. Then, performed following steps to start ADB through "Cygwin":

    1. vagrant plugin install vagrant-service-manager
    2. vagrant init projectatomic/adb
    3. vagrant up
    4. Stuck at some point. Logs here [2].

 Vagrant version - 1.8.0
 VirtualBox version - 5.0.16
 Cygwin Pre-requisites - ssh, rsync

After googling for "running any VM instance inside Windows VM" I got to know we need to enable Virtualization through through BIOS settings in Windows.
Since, I am running Windows 7 in VM I am unable to get BIOS settings(Attached screenshot).
Also, I tried to get 64-Bit Windows VM in Vagrant Boxes official site [3] but couldn't find anyone.

Any idea how to achieve it?
Has anyone tried it before successfully?
Any good alternative for this scenario except having physical machine?

[1] https://github.com/projectatomic/vagrant-service-manager
[2] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/349650/98302061/
[3] www.vagrantbox.es