[Devtools] CDK as shared development platform -- viable use case?

Rick Wagner rwagner at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 16:15:29 UTC 2016

Hello DevTools CDK SMEs,

We have a customer support case [1] where the user wishes to install the
CDK and then make it available for team development purposes.

They'd like to allow developers on different machines to connect to the
OpenShift instance using their office VLan's address of 192.168.x.x instead
of the default 10.1.x.x.

So, a few questions:

- Considering the active Xip.io thread in SE-JBoss, should we consider this
a core use-case?  (With accompanying documentation?)

- Is this a recommended use?  It seems the CDK is more of a 'personal'
development environment than a 'team' development environment.  Should this
use be discouraged?

- Do we have any specific words of advice for this user?

Thanks in advance for all thoughts offered.  As usual, CEE will dutifully
KCS the tips provided.

Rick

[1] https://access.redhat.com/support/cases/01674763