[Devtools] support for OpenShift Container Platform / Origin in minikube?

Praveen Kumar prkumar at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 10:49:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Hardy Ferentschik <hferents at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 07-Jul-2016 10:38, Roland Huss wrote:
>> I had the luck to try it out first and I have to say, it's awesome. From
>> scratch to a running OpenShift origin with minishift it took me 1:56 min
>> (11 MBit/s downstream) for the initial run and 30s for subsequent starts.

Really Great !!

> That is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to try the release once it is out.
>
>> On OS X it uses xhyve under the covers so not even VirtualBox is
>> required (an no local Docker installation, btw).
>
> :-)
>
>> Kudos Jimmi, it's really extraordinary !
>
> So where does this leave us with ADB? If minishift gets traction I have a hard
> time seeing people wanting to use ADB.

I do have same question for CDK because if we can integrate origin
then it is just matter of binaries (which are part of OSE). Tooling
which are consuming CDK today can be integrated with minishift (just
expose required env). Currently CDK have options for kubernetes and
OpenShift but again our target is to put OpenShift first choice.

Thoughts ?

--
Praveen Kumar
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kumarpraveen