[Devtools] C/O CDK SMEs: Windows user going off the rails somewhere along the line

Robert Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 04:32:15 UTC 2016

Well, just by looking at the trace included in this thread, it's obvious
we're running vagrant service-manager, and we're getting output, but then
we're getting a timeout. I can only conclude that somehow the process isn't
terminating.   I could probably clean up my error handling a bit to *try*
to recover from this, ie, in the event of a timeout, see if we have any
response text at all, and see what we can do about it. But I'm not even
sure that would be the correct solution.

I believe Jeff Murray was referencing
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22664   but this issue isn't about
the  registration but rather during vagrant service-manager calls. So it'd
be the same location in the code (or similar / nearby at least).  But the
fact that it's a timeout exception rather than a parse exception means the
error isn't caused by the color codes. It's caused by the call to vagrant
service-manager not completing in a timely fashion.