[Devtools] Question on the cdk + openshift + eap deployment markers

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue May 3 05:19:10 UTC 2016

On 3 May 2016, at 0:19, Rob Stryker wrote:

> On 05/02/2016 04:06 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> On 29 Apr 2016, at 6:02, Rob Stryker wrote:
>>
>>> Hey All:
>>>
>>> Not sure what list to send this to, since it's part CDK, part
>>> openshift, part EAP. Hope this is the right list.
>>>
>>> Two issues...
>>> First, despite me deleting a .deployed marker (ROOT.war.deployed),
>>> and rsyncing back up to the pod using the --delete flag, the server
>>> seems to be replacing the file immediately, rather than undeploying
>>> the app as it's supposed to.  Is it the case that eap on openshift
>>> cannot undeploy root.war ?
>>
>> I don't know - but Have you tried doing it manually by ssh'ing in ?
>
> Yes, I've tried this by ssh'ing in and deleting the file, and the
> server log didn't seem to have any output indicating the module
> stopped.
>
>> Have you tried do it on a local running EAP ?
>
> Yes, on a local running EAP, the server immediately responds with some
> undeploy output. This is not occurring via openshift.

check the configuration of the EAP in OpenShift - maybe they have a
higher timeout or not enabled scanning ?

>> I don't spot what you believe is strange here. Can you be more
>> specific about what you actually expected ?
>
> I was expecting at least one of the commands to behave as the
> documents indicate they should.  The contents of the remote server
> inside folder 'x' should be transferred to the local folder 'y'. ie,
> x/* should be moved into y  as if i had done a cp x/* y/. Instead,
> behavior seems to be either creation of a symlink (?!) or the contents
> of x (ie x/*) are being placed inside y/y-last-segment/.
>
> For example,  when openshift folder 'deployments' has file "x.txt",
> then I would expect oc rsync
> eap-app-1-auugc:/opt/eap/standalone/deployments/
> /home/local/path/deploy to place file x.txt inside
> /home/local/path/deploy/. Instead, it is placing x.txt inside
> /home/local/path/deploy/deploy. This is VERY wrong.
>
> Is anyone else able to replicate this??

I am not in a position right now to test it - I suggest open a bug
against the oc client (https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues) with
a test case of what fails for you and how you expected it to behave.

Maybe verify this is somehow not working as rsync does.

/max

>> note: The ending slash matters in rsync.
>>

>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen