[Devtools] Cockpit in ADB

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue May 17 17:43:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have added  Cockpit packages to ADB as we thought it would add value
to ADB users.

With Cockpit GUI an user can do docker pulls , docker runs etc apart
from system administration work. Cockpit also provides a web terminal
which can used to run docker commands without logging in to the
Vagrantbox (it is useful for Windows users as |vagrant ssh| does not
work naively).

How ever we are not sure whether it should be part of the default
experience of ADB. So at this point the Cockpit service is not started
by default.  There is an open issue for this [1] and we are looking for
feedback.

[1] https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/389

Thanks,
Lala