[Devtools] RH-SSO + CDK

Mustafa Musaji mmusaji at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 14:15:21 UTC 2016

Hi team

I asked the below over at sme-rh-sso at redhat.com and was advised that
perhaps I should ask the Openshift sme's. I'm adding the devtools
(CDK) team can also perhaps help.

I'm trying to basically do [1] where I want to authenticate against
RH-SSO for access to the OCP console using the CDK.

Everything works up to seeing the two options "htpasswd_auth" and
"rh-sso" on the OCP login page. Selecting the rh-sso correctly takes
me to me to the RH-SSO pod to login.

I have a user set up and I know this part is working as I see a
session in RH-SSO created but I get an error logging in saying "An
authentication error occurred" [See attached screenshot] If I use
another user than isn't on there I get the expected "username or
password not correct".

What am I missing here? Is this a limitation of CDK (configuring and
using the existing openshift-dev username also doesn't work)? Any
ideas at all as I know I'm almost there and I can't figure this last
bit out. I'm sure there is some extra logging I can look at, can
someone tell me what I need to increase logging to as there is nothing
in the sense of errors in rh-sso log.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Mus

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-xpaas/0/single/red-hat-xpaas-sso-image/#OSE-SSO-AUTH-TUTE

--
Mustafa Musaji
Solution Architect

Our mission is to be the catalyst in communities of customers,
contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source
way.