[Devtools] why is Mac OSX called Darwin?

Todd Mancini tmancini at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 00:08:40 UTC 2017

64 bit "80x86" as we know it today was originally created by AMD, not
Intel. Intel was trying to push Itanium at that time for 64 bit. So it's
normal to refer to 64 bit apps on Windows as amd64. Intel had to change
course and adopt the AMD model. (Which was basically the same as the 16->32
bit model that Intel did in the 32 bit days. Itanium was their New Coke.)

Sent from my phone, so anticipate hilarious autocorrects