[Devtools] CDK 3.x system:admin login

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 16:01:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Budh Gurung <bgurung at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Burr,
>
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Steve Speicher <sspeiche at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You can't. If you want admin priviledges from the console, you'll need
>>> to grant a regular user those privileges (like "developer")
>>>

>> what is the oc command to do this?  I can add it to my getting started
>> doc for the CDK.
>>

> For CDK/minishift, we have given sudoer role to 'developer' and now
> developer can perform any admin tasks as:
> $ oc get node --as system:admin
>
> We have taken the reference from this link [1]

OK, but when I login into the console as 'developer' and 'developer', I do
not see the OpenShift namespace/project like a "administrator" would.

The ultimate goal is to let the human (end-user) log in to the console as
the Admin so he/she can see their work.

Right now, I would say our current approach of system:admin with no
password is a bug.  Previous versions of the CDK allowed admin and console
access.