[Devtools] minishift promotion

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed May 10 15:20:32 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:13 PM, Jimmi Dyson <jdyson at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:24 PM, James Strachan <jstracha at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. BTW 'minikube service foo` seems to work fine upstream on
>> minikube for services with nodeports - haven't tested on ingress yet (and
>> route isn't possible I suspect on minikube?)
>>

> No that's my point: the fact that we learned from minishift that users
> would want to see routes in `minishift service` should IMO have translated
> into contributing similar functionality upstream first to add ingress to
> the current nodeport  output.

Agree. We definitely should find out a way to contribute to Minikube. But
the current code base is grown different from each other e.g. the service
sub-command as it does not depend on the Kubernetes code now.

We need to address this issue from a long term point of view. Basically
find a model where both us get benefited from each other. We had some
discussion around it but nothing concrete at this point. One of the idea is
to use minikube as a go library in Minishift .