[Devtools] minishift promotion

James Strachan jstracha at redhat.com
Thu May 11 13:19:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Hardy Ferentschik <hferents at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 10-May-2017 14:57, James Strachan wrote:
> > changing "minikube service" to "minishift openshift service" doesn't seem
> > to make any sense from a UX perspective to me at least. minishift
> commands
> > always work with openshift as it is ;)
>
> That is not true. You can actually categorize commands. Most commands at
> the
> top level are much more about managing the VM, than anything around
> Kubernetes
> or OpenShift. The 'openshift' command creates a namespace for commands
> which
> directly effect OpenShift.

so are you gonna also rename "minishift start" which is like "minikube
start" to be "minishift openshift start" too? Thats 'openshift speciifc'
too right?

--
James
-------

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.strachan at gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

fabric8: https://fabric8.io/
open source development platform

funktion: https://funktion.fabric8.io/
open source event based lambda programming