[Devtools] damn!

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 06:22:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Praveen Kumar <prkumar at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Checking if requested OpenShift version 'v3.9.0' is valid ...
> >
> >    Hit github rate limit: GET https://api.github.com/repos/
> openshift/origin/releases/tags/v3.9.0: 403 API rate limit exceeded for
> 50.207.133.82. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a
> higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.) [rate
> reset in 13m35s]
>
> I hope this is coming from minishift side, for rate limit we have doc
> in troubleshooting guide[0], I think it good to tell user this doc
> link or says check the troubleshooting document section.
>
> [0] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/troubleshooting/
> troubleshooting-getting-started.html#github-api-rate-limit-exceeded

Also you skip these startup checks [1] . However these checks are there to
warn you or fail the minishift start if  certain conditions are not met.
You can skip the individual checks  too.

For example if you want to skip the version check then you need to  skip
the check i.e. "minishift config set skip-check-openshift-version true" .

There are some other checks you can see in "minishift config --help | grep
-i openshift"

 * skip-check-openshift-version
 * warn-check-openshift-version
 * skip-check-openshift-release