[dm-devel] [multipath] SCSI device capacity mess

Bryan Henderson hbryan at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 29 16:48:30 UTC 2004

>EMC at least partially calls said
>world-wide unique identifier the "LUN's WWN" though.

I'm not surprised.  We all know how common it is to call a logical unit
(LU) a LUN, and I've also seen the made-up "LUN ID" (and of course the
truly ridiculous "LUN number," loved by all those people who key their PIN
number into the ATM machine).

>And if we are nitpicking, it's EVPD. ;-)

Oh, we're definitely nitpicking, but EVPD is the abbreviation for the
"Enable Vital Product Data" bit in an Inquiry CDB that tells the target
you're asking for the Vital Product Data (VPD).  At least that's how the
SCSI standard uses it.  Maybe EMC has its own terminology here too.

--
Bryan Henderson                          IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose CA                              Filesystems