[dm-devel] kernel update and dmraid causing grub errors

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:55:38 UTC 2010

On 11/04/2010 11:17 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Hi Heinz,
>
> 	No, grub is (grub-0.97-17) and it hasn't changed since April 25, 2010. So
> whatever is happening, isn't due to a grub change. Some of the Arch devs think
> it might be a kernel issue. Last night, I posted the issue to the kernel list at
> kernel.org and we will see what response we get back. The post to kernel.org was
> pretty much the complete history of the issue, so I'll include the additional
> information posted to the kernel list below for completeness:

Heinz,

	Just as a follow-up, I didn't get a response from the kernel.org list on the
issue. In fact the only dm related post on the list in the past week was the CFQ
dm-crypt post that I also see was cc'ed here. I'll try the grub list and see if
they have any ideas. If I get a response, I'll let you know. If you have any
epiphanies on the issue, please let me know. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC