[dm-devel] review for the head of your queue branch

Martin Wilck martin.wilck at suse.com
Tue Dec 13 23:10:17 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-12-13 at 16:41 -0600, Benjamin Marzinski wrote:
> FYI, I've looked over all the changes to the head of your queue
> branch,
> and they all look fine. For docs and Makefile changes, I'm not sure
> if
> we need a more formal system than this, or was there a merge request
> that I was supposed to review and I just overlooked it.
>
> -Ben

Thanks a lot, Ben. I am aware the procedure wasn't really clean this
time.

You'd acked the most important parts in the original PR on Nov. 11.
(https://github.com/opensvc/multipath-tools/pull/53).
Christophe was slow to merge this time; I even pinged him on Slack last
week but he seems to be extremely busy. Therefore I kept pushing
trivial stuff to "queue" which would make it appear on the PR as well.
I wanted to avoid having to create yet another PR with boring stuff
like this, and have it merged another 3 months from now.

I then added your series, the doc fixes from the ML, and some
additional makefile tweaks that I'd found when I overhauled the GitHub-
based CI.

I'm sure you understand that I am not trying to evade the review here.
Perhaps if you create another note about your review on the GH PR and
possibly ping Christophe once more, we can make some progress.

If you feel we should turn back to a more consequent ML-based workflow,
sending the "trivial" patches to the ML as well, please speak up.

Btw I also have a rework of the log thread cooking, aimed at our past
discussion about cancellation points and cleanup code. I haven't had
time to finalize it yet unfortunately.

Regards,
Martin