[dm-devel] [v2 2/4] dm ioctl: Allow userspace to provide expected diskseq

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Jun 26 13:30:45 UTC 2023

> Markus, stop bothering people about trivial nonsense.

I suggest to reconsider such feedback a bit more.

I got the impression that an information like “Describe your changes in imperative mood”
belongs to a basic requirement.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?h=v6.4#n94

You shared your special opinions for this topic also at other places recently,
didn't you?

> I've said this to you before, that if you spot a bug in a patch

I got trained to take also another look at various change descriptions.

> that's welcome feedback

Further details can occasionally be improved by the means of patch reviews.

> but if you just have comments about grammar then no one wants that.

I know that some contributors and maintainers would like to care for nicer wordings.

Regards,
Markus