[edk2-devel] [Patch 3/3] BaseTools/PatchCheck: Disable text conversion in 'git show'

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 20:57:42 UTC 2019

On 08/07/19 21:42, Jordan Justen wrote:

> I thought adding Laszlo's settings
> to .gitattributes might amount to solving two issues with one change.

Independently of the present patch, I would be very much in favor of
tracking a .gitattributes file in the project root dir, *if* we could
also automate the following setting:

git config diff.ini.xfuncname     '^\[[A-Za-z0-9_., ]+]'

For me as a reviewer, that setting (on the submitter side) makes a huge
difference. I keep asking people to do it manually, and that gets old
really quick. Unfortunately, I don't know how to automate that config
knob from within the source tree. :(

View/Reply Online (#45232): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/45232
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io