[edk2-devel] git submodule update --init --recursive

Andrew Fish via Groups.Io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Mon Aug 26 21:59:25 UTC 2019

Liming,

I see the usage of Submodules is documented at the end of the Readme.md. I would not think of going to a Submodules section to figure out how to get started or clone the repo.

I did not think of reading the full  Readme.md as most of it is about "How to Contribute to" not how to use the repo.

>From TianoCore.org I followed this path:
https://www.tianocore.org/getting-started.html
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Getting-Started-with-EDK-II

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Windows-systems
or
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Common-instructions-for-Unix

The git clone instructions don't include the "git submodule update --init" instructions and the OVMF build failed.

bash$ mkdir ~/src
bash$ cd ~/src
bash$ git clone https://github.com/tianocore/edk2

Thanks,