[edk2-devel] Debugging aarch64 edk2 built with gcc-8.x 64-bit arm compiler

Sami Mujawar sami.mujawar at arm.com
Thu Dec 12 16:07:18 UTC 2019

Hi Vladimir,

I have built the edk2 firmware using the following toolchains and find that the symbols are loaded correctly using DS5.
  - gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-elf.tar.xz
  - gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz
The above toolchains are available at https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-a/downloads

So, it looks like the problem you mention may have something to do with the toolchain shipped with Yocto.

Regards,

Sami Mujawar