[edk2-devel] Instructions for running EDK2 CI on an Ubuntu system? ("System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.")

Sean via Groups.Io sean.brogan=microsoft.com at groups.io
Wed Dec 18 02:26:13 UTC 2019

Sorry Rebecca for the slow reply.

We have identified the issue and will be adding some minor documentation to pytool docs to help.
In short, nuget relies on new versions of mono.  Mono is not getting updated in linux distro maintained packages as fast as needed.

This resolved the issue for our Linux environments (not leveraging Azure VMs).
https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin-ubuntu

Please let me know how that works out for you.   This was never intended to introduce issues for local replication or other usage.

Thanks
Sean

View/Reply Online (#52320): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/52320
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io